The vision of the University is to become a prominent and prestigious University in Engineering & Technology, offering state-of-the-art education and research for socio- economic development.
- To provide comprehensive education and conduct research in diverse disciplines of science, engineering, technology and engineering management.
- To produce technologically advanced intellectual leaders and professionals with high moral and ethical values to meet the socio- economic development of Bangladesh and global
- To conduct collaborative and research activities with national and international communities for continuous interaction with academia and industry.
- To provide consultancy, advisory and testing services to government, nongovernment, autonomous and individuals for widening practical knowledge and to contribute in sustainable development.
Vision of the department of Computer Science and Engineering
To create skilled and competent professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering with high
morals to meet the national and global needs through creative research and innovations.
Mission of the department of Computer Science and Engineering
Department of CSE is working with the following missions:
- To provide high quality state of the art education and knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering, to produce competent engineers, capable of solving real-world complex engineering problems to meet the needs of industry and society (Statement-1).
- To contribute towards the creation of new knowledge through eminence research and innovation in CSE and allied fields to address emerging national and global issues for well-being of the society (Statement-2).
- To enable students in attaining required ethics with an attitude of entrepreneurial skills, ethical values and social consciences (Satement-3).
- To embed leadership qualities amongst the students to follow successful professional career paths and to pursue advanced studies in computer engineering and a life-long learner in cutting edge developments in the field of computing and IT (Satement-4).
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
1. Graduates will grow and practice as computing professionals both in industry and government and/or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
2. Graduates will provide effective solutions to the complex engineering problems related to software and/or hardware by creating, selecting, applying appropriate and modern technologies, skills and tools.
3. Graduates will communicate effectively and work collaboratively maintaining high level of ethical and professional values for improving the society.
4. Graduates will take leadership positions in the industry and also initiate businesses offering innovative technical solutions to national and international problems.
Program Outcomes (POs) represent the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a four year engineering program. CSE program of BAUET has 12 Program Outcomes. They are briefly described in the following table.
|1||PO 1||Engineering Knowledge||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.|
|2||PO 2||Problem Analysis||Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|3||PO 3||Design/Development of Solutions||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety as well as cultural, social and environmental concerns.|
|4||PO 4||Investigation||Conduct investigations of complex problems, considering design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.|
|5||PO 5||Modern Tool Usage||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|6||PO 6||The Engineer and Society||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|7||PO 7||Environment and Sustainability||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.|
|8||PO 8||Ethics||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional Ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|9||PO 9||Individual and Team Work||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|10||PO 10||Communication||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|11||PO 11||Project Management and Finance||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|12||PO 12||Life Long Learning||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.|
Statements and their Relationship/ Mapping with the departmental Mission
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve. PEOs are assessable based on the attributes and accomplishments of graduates, preferably those who have worked for 3 to 5 years after graduation. Statements and their relationship/mapping with program mission are presented bellow.
|No.||PEO Statements||Program Missions|
|PEO-1||Graduates will grow and practice as computing professionals both in industry and government and/or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|PEO-2||Graduates will provide effective solutions to the complex engineering problems related to software and/or hardware by creating, selecting, applying appropriate and modern technologies, skills and tools.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|PEO-3||Graduates will communicate effectively and work collaboratively maintaining high level of ethical and professional values for improving the society.||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|PEO-4||Graduates will take leadership positions in the industry and also initiate businesses offering innovative technical solutions to national and international problems||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Relationship between the POs and PEOs
The relationship between the POs and PEOs in
|PO-1||Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.||Yes||No||No||No|
|PO-2||Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research and analyze complex engineering problems and reach substantiated conclusions using the principles of mathematics, the natural sciences and the engineering sciences.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|PO-3||Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and of cultural, societal and environmental concerns.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|PO-4||Investigation: Conduct investigations of complex problems, considering experimental design, data analysis and interpretation and information synthesis to provide valid conclusions.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|PO-5||Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of their limitations.||No||Yes||No||No|
|PO-6||The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|PO-7||Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.||No||No||Yes||No|
|PO-8||Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to the professional ethics, responsibilities and the norms of the engineering practice.||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|PO-9||Individual work and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader of diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.||No||Yes||No||No|
|PO-10||Communication: Communicate effectively about complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.||No||No||Yes||No|
|PO-11||Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work as a team member or a leader to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PO-12||Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent, life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.||No||No||Yes||No|