IEEE Student Branch at a Glance:
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
A Student Branch is a basic operating organizational unit of IEEE constituted by a minimum of twenty (20) IEEE Student members at a particular college, university or technical institute to represent and fulfill the needs of the members and the missions of IEEE. Each Branch shall conduct its activities within the Constitution, IEEE Bylaws, and other rules externally imposed, which by law affect the membership, and activities of the IEEE.
Mission and Vision
To foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
To the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
- Trust: being a trusted and unbiased source of technical information, and forums, for technical dialog and collaboration.
- Growth and nurturing: encouraging education as a fundamental activity of engineers, scientists, and technologists at all levels and at all times; ensuring a pipeline of students to preserve the profession.
- Global community building: cultivating active, vibrant, and honest exchange among cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary global communities of technical professionals.
- Partnership: promoting a culture of respect for the employee and volunteer, valuing contributions at all levels of the organization, investing in training and development to enhance capabilities, empowering individuals to make a positive difference, and building a membership organization based on a strong volunteer-staff partnership to serve the profession.
- Service to humanity: leveraging science, technology, and engineering to benefit human welfare; promoting public awareness and understanding of the engineering profession.
- Integrity in action: fostering a professional climate in which engineers and scientists continue to be respected for their exemplary ethical behavior and volunteerism.
- Expand and enable dynamic, nimble, flexible, and diverse communities to help individuals from around the world to share, collaborate, network, debate, and engage with one another.
- Provide technically vital forums for the discussion, development, and dissemination of authoritative knowledge related to traditional technologies, while focusing more of our resources towards serving the professionals working on emerging and disruptive technologies.
- Lead humanitarian efforts around the world to use technology to solve the Bangladesh’s most challenging problems.
- To provide governments, NGOs and other organizations, and the public with innovative and practical recommendations to address public policy issues.
Executive Members’ List and Their Corresponding Tasks:
- Chair: Lead and manage the whole IEEE Student Branch; Courtesy: Sabid hasan
- Vice-Chair: Assist the Chair as needed; Courtesy: Himel Biswas, Mehedi Hasan Hime
- Secretary: Organize all the seminars, meetings and other relevant; Courtesy: Ashik Azmol
- Joint Secretary: Assist the Secretary as needed; Courtesy: Md. Shafiullah, MD. Tanvir Ahmed, Md. Momenul Haque.
- Treasurer: Handle all the issues related to money (collection, distribution, etc.); Courtesy: Shahinur Islam
- Assistant Treasurer: Assist the Treasurer; Courtesy: Jarin Tasnim Khan, MD Shahriar Kabir , Md. Mahmudul Hasan .
- Graphic Designer: Structural design using graphical tools (for making presentations, etc.); Courtesy: Sakib Raihan
- Promotional Secretary: For promoting events; Courtesy: Sheikh Arafa Hossain, Farhan Nafiz Fahim, Asif Ishtiaque
- Content Writer: Write specific contents(texts/articles); Courtesy:Tasnim Hasan Tamim, Md Alomgir Hossain.
- Logistic Coordinator: Arranging food and other related stuff; Courtesy: Mursalin Mridha Tushar, Md. Kamrul Islam, Afsana Akter Kaniz.
- Membership Development Coordinator: Add and manage new members to the Student Branch; Courtesy: Md Rubaiat Zaman Wami.