BAUET IN BRIEF:
Bangladesh Army University of Engineering & Technology (BAUET) started its journey on 15 January 2015. It was an outcome of the visionary leadership of Sheikh Hasina the Honorable Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh who planned to establish technical universities to be run by the army. Accordingly, the Honorable State Minister for ICT, Mr. Zunaid Ahmed Palak, MP unveiled the Foundation Plaque of the University on 15 February 2015.
BAUET is located at Qadirabad Cantonment in Natore. The place is one of the important communication hub for adjoining major district headquarters: Rajshahi, Pabna, Bogra & Kushtia. Qadirabad Cantonment which is located at Dayarampur is one of the famous places of Natore. Especially, this place is famous for its educational institutions. It has a quiet and serene environment which offers very congenial academic atmosphere.
The main campus is located at Qadirabad Cantonment, with a immense infrastructural support from Cantonment. It is a matter of great pride that within a short span of time the University has its own permanent campus in the present location. Moreover, the university has established a wide range of broadband internet facilities with Wi-Fi zone in the campus. The laboratories are well equipped with modern instruments and smart classrooms. Besides, BAUET has the following facilities:
- Smart Classrooms
- Broadband internet facilities with Wi-Fi both in academic buildings and own halls
- 100% residential facilities
- Medical facilities with its own medical team
- Play ground for games & sports activities
VISION, MISSION & OBJECTIVES:
The vision of BAUET is to make it a platform of knowledge of excellence and to make it recognize as an internationally reputed private University of science, engineering and general education.
The mission of the University is to foster and provide ‘state of the art’ education in engineering, science and general education through its modern education system, research and practical implementation of knowledge by developing human resources, and in turn, enhancing the economic and social well beings of the citizens nationally and internationally.
- To offer skill based programs in the fields of Engineering, Science, Business & Technology
- To strive for excellence by providing quality education through wide varieties of instructional approaches
- To produce highly competent and global standard manpower who will be proficient in communication skill, critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- To generate adequate resources to support the University’s instructions, research and extension pursuits
- To provide accessible support system that promotes partnership and sense of shared responsibilities
- To endeavor the gradual expansion of faculties, departments and programs under the Private University Act 2010 (revised)
Core Value of BAUET:
The core values of BAUET are Integrity, Intellectual Curiosity, Commitment to Excellence, Self Discipline, Sense of Accountability, Teamwork and Creativity.
Attributes of BAUET:
The attributes of the University activities are as follows:
- Semester wise admission and selection process is the best possible screening of this University.
- Interactive sessions in the class room.
- Regular guest lectures and educational visits.
- Culture of punctuality, commitment and uninterrupted curriculum.
- Flexibility in choosing competent faculties through outsourcing.
- Well thought-out and continuous feedback and assessment system.
- Effective teaching through innovative methods.
- Industrial attachment for on job training.
- Focus to develop students as good human beings with the possible attributes of successful leaders.
- Tranquil, pollution free and secured campus life.
- Periodical Cultural Magazines and Science Journals are published with the supervision of a high-level ditorial body.
Name of the Founder of BAUET:
- Vice Chancellor : Brig Gen Engr AHM Shahidullah (Retd), psc
- Treasurer : Lt Col Engr GM Azizur Rahman (Retd), afwc, psc
- Registrar : Md. Kamruzzaman (Ex Registrar)
- Controller of Exams : Dr. Muhammad Anwar Hossain (Ex Controller of Exams)
All academic programs, courses and syllabus of BAUET are approved by the UGC. All academic programs and examinations are conducted as per the schedule approved by the University. The exam papers are scrutinized through various stages by the supervision of the controller of examination. After approval of the results, certificates will be awarded among the qualified students of BAUET.
Moto: Knowledge and Technology
Cross Sword with Water Lily: Symbol of Bangladesh Army with national flower. It signifies Army sponsorship.
Bar and Wave: Main Branches of Engineering
Green Background: Depicts greeneries of Bangladesh