HISTORY OF BAUET
Bangladesh Army has established three technical universities in the country in 2014. One of these three universities is located at Qadirabad cantonment and named as ‘Bangladesh Army University of Engineering & Technology (BAUET), Qadirabad. The University has been established as per the Private Universities Act 2010 of the Bangladesh Government. Army Welfare Directorate of Adjutant General’s Branch of Army Headquarters has been given the responsibility to control these three Universities. It is an independent private University to offer higher technical education to prospective, young generation of Bangladesh. Initial set up work of the University was done by Engineer Centre & School of Military Engineering (ECSME) to start the first semester classes.
At present we are using permanent campus in own land besides North Western side of Qadirabad Cantonment for our administrative and academic activities from 6 January 2016. The cantonment authority is committed to continue the support and provide us a sense of safety, security and also congenial educational environment as it has been doing since the inception of the BAUET. Area Headquarters Bogura and ECSME are supporting the BAUET administration.
Development of BAUET at a Glance:
Chronological sequence of development of BAUET is given below:
- On 22 September 2014, Army Head Quarter (AHQ) sent first letter to UGC.
- On 30 September 2014, decision was taken at AHQ for establishing three Army Universities of Science and Technology (AUST) and two Army Institutes of Business Administration (AIBA). For Qadirabad, ECSME was given the responsibility to prepare the initial setup work.
- On 9 November 2014, the names of universities were changed from AUST to BAUST.
- Inspection visit of Commandant MIST and a team in connection with the establishment of the University: 10 November 2014.
- Inspection visit of UGC team: 28 November 2014.
- Student Admission Test was conducted by MIST: 21 November 2014 -29 November 2014.
- Name of the University was finally changed from BAUST to BAUET on 8 January 2015.
- Permanent officers and staffs joined BAUET from 20 January 2015 onwards and taken up the responsibility to start academic session.
- First semester session started from 15 February 2015. It was inaugurated by the honorable Minister of State of ICT, Zunaid Ahmed Palok, MP.
- Second semester session started from 27 July 2015.
- First semester (2nd batch) session started from 16 September 2015.
- Vetting and syllabus approval by UGC obtained on November 2015.