Qualification for Admission:
The Candidate must have at least GPA 3.00 (with 4th Subject) in HSC or equivalent examination. They must have a total of GPA 6.50 (with 4th Subject) in SSC and HSC examinations or equivalent examinations.
Admission into B.A.(Hons.) in English program is on a competitive basis. Applicants will be required to sit for an admission test designated to judge their abilities and aptitude for the program. Candidates are selected for admission on the basis of past academic records and a written test examination.
Admission Schedule for Each Year:
- For Summer (March to August) session the admission process starts from December of the previous year.
- For Fall (September to February) session the admission process starts from July of the same year.
- Selected candidates will get themselves admitted as per the time table to be announced by BAUET.
Number of Seats in Each Intake
The number of seats available for 04 (Four) years B.A.(Hons.) in English programs are in each Semester as follows:
|1.||For Summer (March to August) Semester||50|
|2.||For Fall (September to February) Semester||50|
Admission Rules and Procedures:
- Candidates have to complete admission formalities within a fixed period of time as decided by admission office.
- Any candidate failing to complete admission formalities within the prescribed time, her/his selection will be automatically cancelled.
- Any student failing to attend the class within two weeks of the commencement of the academic program will be warranted cancellation of his/her admission and forfeiture of all fees including security deposit.
- Vacant seats will be filled up from waiting lists which will be prepared and displayed by the admission office as per merit and be notified as per requirement.
- Original copies of certificates and transcripts/mark sheets of SSC & HSC or equivalent examination
- Five copies of passport size and two copies of stamp size recent colored photograph of the candidate
- Testimonial from the head of the last institution attended
- Nationality certificate from UP Chairman or appropriate authority or birth certificate
- In case of Freedom Fighters (FF) quota, candidate must submit the original certificate of the FF issued by the Ministry of Freedom Fighters Affairs, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.