About the Department:
The Department of Law and Justice of Bangladesh Army University of Engineering & Technology (BAUET) have started its journey since January 2016. From the beginning it plays the role as a centre of excellence for Law studies and offers international standard legal education, research and analysis in an excellent education with friendly environment. The program is focused to realize students’ capabilities to identify and develop new opportunities and integrate theoretical knowledge with the capacity to apply such knowledge in practice with innovations and the practice of leadership. The Department provides practical training to the students includes compulsory participation in Moot Court along with the Court visits. The faculty members of the Department of Law are highly qualified and experienced in legal education and they are promised to provide and ensure a quality education.
Why Study Law?
The Law degree offers scope for a wide range of employment opportunities in home and abroad namely:
● Bangladesh Judicial Service as Judge (BJS)
● Government Service: Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS)
● Legal practitioner
● Judge Advocate General (JAG) in Army and Law Officers in other Armed Forces.
● Corporate Lawyer (In house lawyers in corporate bodies)
● Researcher and consultant
● Law Officer of Bank, Insurance Company, etc.
● Faculty member in Universities and Law Colleges
● Law reporter in print and electronic media
● Service in international organizations
● Service in NGOs
● Mediator and Arbitrator
● Others Govt. and Private Sector.