It is a global concern to set the Quality Assurance System in higher education. For this reason, the Quality Assurance (QA) mechanism is a universal demand now. It is a formal institutional approach that the higher education institutions around the world have been introduced in order to assure the assurance of quality. Quality assurance agencies like accreditation bodies at the national level work with the establishment of quality assurance in an institution. The opportunity of higher education is expanding rapidly in Bangladesh. Both in public and private sectors are coming forward to this sector. Universities are managing various programs according to their own systems. Transparency, accountability, consistency, and evidence of good practice in education cannot be assured because of the lack of effective quality assurance culture. To establish quality assurance culture, a university must have the internal quality assurance infrastructure.
COMPOSITION OF IQAC:
The rules given below will be followed and maintained while running the IQAC, BAUET:
- The Head of the IQAC shall be called Director.
- S/he will be supported by at least one Additional Director for managing quality assurance activities.
- Director and Additional Director of the IQAC shall be appointed by the Vice Chancellor for a period of three years (project period).
- Director and Additional Director will be posted to IQAC on deputation as full time and be exempted from their normal teaching/administrative duties during the tenure of their appointment.
- Two non-academic personnel shall be appointed temporarily as technical/support staff, e.g., administrative/office manager, record keeper, data entry/computer operator, MLSS etc.
- To assist the Director and Additional Director in discharging their responsibilities regarding IQAC activities, appointment of provisional technical/support staff shall follow the university’s relevant recruitment and service rules.
- The management and operational leadership of IQAC shall be vested in the hands of the Director who shall function as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the IQAC-BAUET.
- The reporting authority of the Director of IQAC shall be the Vice Chancellor of the university.
Mission: To ensure high quality academic performances such as teaching, learning and research through IQAC.
Vision: Ensure best practices with openness, accountability, and credibility in accordance with internationally approved quality assurance practices to acquire stakeholders’ trust in a globalized setting. IQAC, BAUET seeks to create a sustainable academic climate conducive to quality teaching, learning, and research.