Professional society activities
IEEE BAUET Student Branch is working under IEEE Bangladesh section of IEEE Region 10, referred as the Asia Pacific Region. Virtual Inauguration Ceremony of IEEE BAUET Student Branch was held on 13 July 2020.
Current Committee Members 2022
Dr. Kazi Khairul Islam, Professor and Head, Dept. of EEE, BAUET
Mohammed Golam Sarwar Bhuyan, Head & Associate Professor, Dept. of CSE, BAUET
Dr. Md. Rubel Basar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of ICE, BAUET
Branch Counselor: Md. Rabiul Islam, Assistant Professor, Dept. of EEE, BAUET
Branch Co-counselor: Samia Ferdous Mou, Lecturer, Dept. of EEE, BAUET
Branch Mentor: Suvojit Kumar Singha, Lecturer, Dept. of EEE, BAUET
IEEE student branch executive members (Students)
|3.||Secretary||Md. Momenul Haque||CSE||7th||18104050|
|4.||Joint Secretary||Md. Mashrul Islam||EEE||10th||19203005|
|5.||Joint Secretary||Mysha Ibnat Mourin||ICE||9th||19105015|
|7.||Assistant Treasurer||Rafia Binte Kayes||CSE||7th||18104036|
|8.||Publicity Coordinator||Md. Golam An Nihal||CSE||8th||18204018|
|9.||Publicity Coordinator||Mehejabin Tabassum Lamia||ICE||7th||19105001|
|10.||Head of Event Management||Mst. Rabeya Khatun Rikta||ICE||9th||19105006|
|11.||Event Management Coordinator||S.M.Ashikul Islam||CSE||8th||18204019|
|12.||Graphics designer||Md. Mehedi Hasan Reza||CSE||7th||18104021|
|13.||Membership development coordinator||Tasmim Akter Tasin||ICE||9th||19105019|
|14.||Article Writer||Rafia Tamanna||ICE||9th||19105013|
|15.||Social Media Coordinator||Humaira Rashid Koli||ICE||9th||19105023|
IEEE BAUET SB has maintained its vision to arrange different seminars, workshops and competitions to encourage students to become more proficient in their aspired fields. Aligning with the goals and motto of IEEE Student branch, IEEE BAUET SB has integrated its efforts with IEEE BDS section to create more networking beneficial for students in the long run. Every year the branch is aiming to rise higher to their potential and contribute more as a SB toward the main organization.
Activities of IEEE BAUET Student Branch
- Virtual Inauguration Ceremony of IEEE BAUET Student Branch was held on 13 July 2020, Monday at 10.30 am.
Prof. Dr. Celia Shahnaz, Chair, IEEE Bangladesh Section, IEEE Region 10 Director (Elect) Candidate 2021-22 joined the event to inaugurate IEEE BAUET Student Branch.
- Webinar on “Fighting Against COVID-19: Role of Engineers” was held on 11 August 2020 at 5:30 PM. Where resource persons were:
Dr. Md Masud Rana,
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, RUET,
Associate Director of IICT, RUET
Mr. Syed Razwanul Haque (Nabil)
Founder and CEO, CRUX,
Managing Director and CTO, Cybernetics Robotics Limited.
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BAUET in association with the IEEE BAUET Student Branch and BAUET Automation and Robotics Club (BARC) arranged a webinar on “Research Planning, Writing, Presentation and Ethics” on 18 August 2020, Tuesday at 7:30 PM.
Dr. Atikur Rahman Ahad,
University of Dhaka,
Specially Appointed Associate Professor, Media Intelligent,
Osaka University, Japan.
Dr. Ahmedullah Aziz,
Assistant Professor (EECS),
University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA,
PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Perdue University, West Lafayette, USA.
- On the occasion of IEEE Day 2021, IEEE BAUET Student Branch arranged a rally followed by a cake cutting ceremony on 5 October 2021 at BAUET campus.
- IEEE BAUET Student Branch arranged a webinar “Towards AI+ML: Current Trends and Future Prospects” in association with the IQAC, BAUET on 6 October 2021, Wednesday at 7:00 PM.
Prof. Dr. Mohammed Moshiul Hoque,
Chair, IEEE Bangladesh Section, &
Dean, Faculty of ECE, CUET.
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering in association with the BAUET Automation and Robotics Society (BARC) and IEEE BAUET Student Branch arranged a technical talk on “High Voltage Power Transmission” on March 10, 2022.
Dr. Muhammad Abdul Goffar Khan,
Professor, Dept. of EEE, RUET,
D.Eng. (IIT, Kanpur), M.Sc. (BUET), B.Sc. (RUET),
Former Vice-Chair, IEEE Bangladesh Section.
7. Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering in association with the BAUET Automation and Robotics Society (BARC) and IEEE BAUET Student Branch arranged a Job Fair on August 17, 2022.